Monday, July 2, 2012

"Tron" 30th Anniversary screening brings '30' to it's final night

Tonight I'll be screening "Tron" in honor of the film's 30th Anniversary, which closes the '30' film festival I began two weeks ago.

Although "Tron" debuted in theatres thirty years ago next Monday, July 9, we'll be in Calgary and flying to South Dakota later in the day at that point. Important to watch it now before we immerse ourselves in the three movies we're about to visit the filming locations of.

It's definitely been a lot of fun revisiting these six staple movies from the summer of 1982! Plus, I know I'm going to be re-running a few of these movies again when we get back because I am re-watching and watching for the first time some of the special bonus material connected to each. Most notably "Blade Runner", "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan" and "E.T."

Also, screening "Tron" will be a springboard to me checking out the new Disney XD animated series "Tron Uprising", which looks amazing!

2 Comments:

At July 4, 2012 at 4:12 AM, Anonymous allen said...

So... Do you think we can visit the locations in TRON? ;)

 
At July 4, 2012 at 2:10 PM, Blogger LA Filmcutter said...

I just need to lose A LOT of weight so I can fit through the USB cable! LOL!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home