Saturday, July 7, 2012



This is it, today is the day!!! The trip we're about to embark upon today is not merely a tour of three iconic movie locations that are near and dear to my heart. It's a pilgrimage to three magical places that touched, amazed and thrilled me in a darkened theatre and continues to do so to this day.

Visiting the place where a young man realized it was time to move on and become something greater. Where a man and a woman reunited to finally discover the object of their obsession; the place where they would meet visitors from another world. A place where a man who heard a voice in his cornfield fulfilled the dreams of not only those who only wanted a second chance, but also his own deepest lifelong wish.

This is the journey; the most ambitious movie location tour I've ever undertaken.

I am packed, I am ready and I am going to post as much stuff as I can with each stop.

There was an interesting development that arose today involving the Kent Farm location. But what I intend to do is go there, take it all in and then share an overview of what transpired. Nothing bad...just learned a number of things and realized completely how I need to approach this place with respect.

To quote Jay Baruchel's character in "Almost Famous": "it's all happening!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home