Monday, June 11, 2012

"The Dark Knight Rises" midnight show: WE'RE IN!!!



After patiently waiting this morning for "The Dark Knight Rises" midnight show tickets to go on sale, diligently refreshing the Arclight page again and again, I was rewarded with seats in one of my two favorite rows at the Arclight Hollywood Dome for the summer's most anticipated movie!!

As usual, the four Arclight theatres in LA began posting they're midnight screenings a little at a time. Hollywood was the longest holdout as Sherman Oaks went up. I feared that they may not be screening the movie at The Dome because it could be opening at Mann's Chinese Theater just a short series of blocks away. Quickly I purchased tickets for Sherman Oaks and heaved a sigh of relief that we were all set. Glad I headed back to the main page once more to check on the purchasing progress when I noticed that Hollywood was in fact selling tickets for The Dome!

SHIT!!!

However, my secret weapon was waiting.

The great thing about The Dome is that there's a row smack in the middle of the best viewing location for the giant screen that has two wheelchair seats in it. Ticket buyers tend to stay away because there's only two or three side by side and yes, the seats are fair game. Always finding them available, these are my backup when the front row of the upper level is gone (my first choice). People waste little time snatching up the best rows in the house, especially for these midnight shows. And yet, amongst all the clammering to buy before everything sold out, there it was; my untouched row just waiting for me to grab!

Select. Confirm. DONE!!!

Oh but wait, there's more!

Also at Arclight Hollywood, they're turning the pre-opening event into a marathon; "Batman Begins" and "The Dark Knight" will be screening back-to-back right before the midnight of "The Dark Knight Rises". BO - NUS!!! Went right in and bought those as well.

YAY!!! This was the final big event I was anxiously awaiting and now it's in the bag!

Oh, and I just got off the phone with the Sherman Oaks Arclight where they refunded my money for the first set of tickets I purchased prior to jumping into The Dome. Now, all is right with the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home