Saturday, May 5, 2012

"The Avengers": actually isn't as bad as I long thought it would be

OK, so against my better judgment that it just wasn't going to work, I decided to give "The Avengers" a shot this afternoon...and found that I actually enjoyed it. The movie is a lot of fun, very funny and I only shook my head in plausibility disbelief two and a half times. A number of critic's comments in their positive reviews are spot on. I definitely took issue with a few aspects of the movie (the alien invasion still feels out of place) but ultimately I had a good time and even (are you ready for this) would like to see it again. Crazy, right?! I'll have a full review up here by Monday. The rest of this weekend is pretty busy and I won't have time to write something worthy enough until then.

6 Comments:

At May 6, 2012 at 3:10 AM, Anonymous allen said...

And Cap's costume?

Me: So, was it worth the price of admission?
Ryan: Holy sh*t, yes!

Me: And the big reveal or twist?
Ryan: Mind. Blown.

I had to work, so I'm going on Tuesday to see it at our IMAX theater.

 
At May 7, 2012 at 10:59 AM, Blogger LA Filmcutter said...

Cap's costume is still (as Whedon puts it) ass! The one in his stand alone movie was SO much better!

Yes, it was definitely worth the price of admission!

Can't really say there are any big reveals or twists. They do reveal Thanos from the Marvel universe during one of two post credits sequences.

Looking forward to hearing what you think. Writing my review today.

 
At May 7, 2012 at 6:21 PM, Anonymous allen said...

DUDE!!!
Why would you tell me that, before I see the movie!?!?

 
At May 7, 2012 at 6:29 PM, Blogger LA Filmcutter said...

Well it's not that big of a deal! Plus, the reveal was all over the web in the week before the movie. I thought you saw it by now. SORRY!!! :(

 
At May 8, 2012 at 12:19 PM, Anonymous allen said...

I had sequestered myself in the "Fortress of Solitude" to remain spoiler-free!

 
At May 8, 2012 at 3:22 PM, Blogger LA Filmcutter said...

HA-HA!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home