Thursday, April 12, 2012

"Jaws" Blu-ray restoration: behind the scenes

Watch this wonderful behind the scenes documentary short about the restoration of "Jaws" for the Blu-ray release this coming August. This is in connection with Universal's 100th Annniversary and the goal of restoring 100 of their most classic films.

I seriously appreciated not only the extreme attention to detail that this post production team is committed to, but also the level of incredible respect they have for the original version of the film. Even with a new 7.1 surround sound mix, they're retaining ALL of the sound effects from the 1975 film....just bringing everything closer and clearer than we've ever heard, or even seen in this landmark film, before.

I'm certainly very picky about what I pick up on Blu-ray since I still stand my ground that I don't want to replace my entire collection from standard DVD. However, "Jaws" is a BIG exception and I fully intend to own a copy when it comes this summer!

3 Comments:

At April 12, 2012 at 5:09 PM, Anonymous Allen said...

YES! YES! YES!
I watched this the other night, and I am definitely going to buy the Blu-ray.
See you at Best Buy!

 
At April 18, 2012 at 4:08 PM, Anonymous Bismo said...

Mine's pre-ordered, and I've been AVOIDING watching the DVD for months now... WAIT FOR IT!!

 
At April 18, 2012 at 4:14 PM, Blogger LA Filmcutter said...

LOL!!! Exactly! Think the last time I watched "Jaws" was about a year ago so I'm primed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home