Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Last night's encounter with Mick Fleetwood

I was in the Hallmark Store at one of the malls in Woodland Hills last night browsing Valentine's Day cards for Rebecca. Suddenly a noticably tall gentlemen began trying to make his way through a sizable crowd of people buying greetings for their significant others.

As the man settled in to check out the selection not five feet away from me, I began to notice his red velvet shoes, purple print scarf and grey pony tail. A quick flash of the profile and I realized I was standing next to Mick Fleetwood!!

I knew right away that saying something would have been interrupting his personal space, especially while card hunting. So instead I pulled out my iPhone for a quick photo (click for larger version). Wish I could have gotten a better shot of his face but again, didn't want to intrude. Mick has always been a stylish dresser, and a trip to the card store was no acception. Standing next to him was a somewhat built man in his 30's who could have been a bodyguard, as evidenced by continual glances around the store at people nearby.

When I went to the counter to checkout I commented on how seeing Mick made my night. The guys behind the register said he actually frequented that store. Cool!

This morning, as I responded to a few comments about my encounter on Facebook, I decided to look up where Mick actually lives. Turns out he resides in Woodland Hills, which of course is where I live! WOW!! Certainly if he was in there a lot that meant he lived nearby.

Little by little I'm finding out how many famous neighbors I have! But Mick Fleetwood?! CRAZY! I grew up with 'Rumours', have been a Fleetwood Mac fan since the 70's and now the most high profile founding member of the band lives down the street from me!

Did I mention (aside from my career) that moving to LA was the best thing ever?!

5 Comments:

At February 15, 2012 at 6:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet he was buying a card for Stevie!

Cool that you saw him!

 
At February 15, 2012 at 11:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He better have been buying a card for Stevie!

Found your website from NicksLive blog!! I'm a bit younger but an aspiring filmmaker/mac fan about to move to LA myself; making mental note of Woodland Hills :)

 
At February 16, 2012 at 9:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope he was buying a card for his wife Lynn!

 
At February 16, 2012 at 10:12 AM, Blogger LA Filmcutter said...

I have to say I was definitely thinking about him buying a friendly card for Stevie...but as I said I was trying to maintain space to give the man his privacy so I didn't really look too carefully. Just glad to have seen him in person and up close!

Thanks to whoever posted my photo of Mick and a link to here on NicksLive!! Nice to share my photo (and moment) with more fans!

 
At February 21, 2012 at 11:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have worked with Mick in the past as an assistant to his marketing manager, and he has two residences. Woodland Hills and Maui. He is getting ready to open a branded restaurant in Maui called FLEETWOODS on FRONT STREET. I have it in good advice that it will be a fantastic spot with LIVE music as well. Hmmm. maybe Mick and friends will grace the stage!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home