Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas goodies and The Marathon

Christmas Day was filled with wonderful gifts framed by the "A Christmas Story" marathon and a full day of just relaxing with Rebecca.

The one difference of Ralphie's adventures?; I got rid of cable TV long ago. So how were we going to enjoy it? By taking the file from the DVD via Mac DVDRipper Pro and playing it looped on my computer. No annoying commercials every ten minutes, no trimmed scenes to make room for even more, no fuss, no muss, no excessive crap. Just a completely pure "ACS" movie marathon. Plus, we could actually decide not only when it would start but how long it would last. Turned out I started the movie for the first time at 1pm Christmas Eve and it ran all the way through late last night, having us run it one more time this morning.

One of the great things is that this Christmas has been shared completely at my place with the tree and gifts around it. The past couple of years I was either packing boxes back east to finish getting the last of my stuff out here or at one of the places Rebecca house sits. Now it was waking up Christmas morning in my own home to enjoy the holiday that way that means 'home for the holidays' to me the most!

Today I'm arranging opened gifts under the tree, cleaning up a bit, and continuing to load DVDs onto the hard drive...yes, I'm still at it! But the light at the end of the tunnel is fast approaching.

1 Comments:

At December 26, 2011 at 5:00 PM, Blogger Allen Pinney said...

That sounds like an awesome day. Hope Rebecca is feeling better.
Merry Christmas (again)!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home