Thursday, September 8, 2011

"Back to the Future Part II" Nike MAGS

Frank Marshall teased about this yesterday and now it's official; Nike has just released the MAG. A functioning replica of the sneaker Marty McFly wears in the 2015 sequence of "Back to the Future Part II". Definitely made me smile to see these become available along with the amount of "BTTF" love that's consistently been behind them.

There's just one catch: Nike has only made 1,500 pairs and there up for bids on eBay, 150 a day, through September 18.

O.K. so I was pretty excited for about 24 hours. Then I read the details.

Some pairs are actually going for $6,000! If I were paying that much I'd want power laces, which these don't come with. It's definitely very cool that Marty McFly's fantastic future shoe is out there and all the proceeds will be going to Team Fox for Parkinson's Disease. This is for a great cause and I completely endorse anyone with the means to buy a pair! Check out the just unveiled ad for the Nike MAG starring Christopher Lloyd and Bill Hader....oh yeah, and some basketball player.



And here's Michael J. Fox' personal endorsement of the MAG's and their connection with Team Fox.

2 Comments:

At September 9, 2011 at 2:48 AM, Anonymous Allen said...

"some basketball player"... love it!
BTW: http://kevindurant35.com/

Yes it is a shame that we can never bid high enough to own a pair, but we can always bid the max amount we would pay to help drive up the cost and make a bigger donation to Team Fox.

Guess they didn't make 'em in Maddy's size. :(

 
At September 9, 2011 at 2:53 PM, Blogger LA Filmcutter said...

I think Maddy would fall into them if she had a pair. LOL!

Yes, I get who he is but I had to hose on the sports guy who means nothing to me. LOL!

I certainly hope to see a large sum of money brought in from these shoes to fight Parkinson's disease! God bless Michael J. Fox!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home