Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Steve Jobs' resignation: my thoughts



WOW!! We all knew this day would come, especially regarding his health. But here we are...it's today. Being a total Mac whore, I am truly saddened by Steve stepping down.

In 2002 when I was looking to buy my very first home computer, I had no idea what direction to go in. Would I buy a Dell and be a PC guy...or would I go with a Mac? I knew very little about either at the time. The amazing thing is my ultimate purchase was driven by the editing tool I had learned a few years before; Final Cut Pro. This was a software package that walked hand in hand with Apple's powerful computer and I was immediately hooked! This was also around the same time that the iPod was gaining so much recognition, and of course I went right for that as well.

So began my love of all things Mac. With it's ease of use, anything and everything I needed to add onto or complete my system HAD to be Mac or Mac authorized (LaCie external hard drives). I have to admit that the coolness and hipness of these handy tools and toys was also a draw. Even though some fans and critics have occasionally balked at certain missteps and miscalculations with software and design, I've never waivered in my appreciation for Apple and the Mac. Yes, Final Cut Pro has taken a MAJOR left turn with the inferior FCP X, but I'm still here....now mourning the stepping down of a man who forever changed the music and movie industry by how content is produced, edited, distributed and enjoyed around the globe over the last decade.

Who knows what the next step will be for the California-based company. But the good news is Jobs will continue as Chairman of Apple and continue to influence this now historical organization. So I raise my Mac keyboard, iPod and iPhone in honor of Steve Jobs! In part, I wouldn't be where I am now if it wasn't for him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home