Thursday, August 4, 2011

My thoughts: the new "Man of Steel" costume

I'm really on the fence about the new Superman suit for "The Man of Steel". The 'S' is much too raised and even looks like Play-Do. Also, can we stop over detailing everything!!! This thing just seems too shiny and scaly looking. Too 'wet'.

Overall I liked Bryan Singer's "Superman Returns" costume. Although I was hoping some of the aspects of the suit would be dialed back a bit, especially the 'S' belt buckle which I never approved of. Apparently the new company decided over stylizing was the best way to go. Sometimes 'too busy' can really be a serious detractor!

Even though you can't see it in this first image, I sure hope he has the red shorts on. Don't want to find out later that they've gone the somewhat cringe-inducing DC rebooted Superman version who has an all blue outfit save the yellow belt and red cape.

Nice to see the yellow belt buckle back but it almost looks too big and clunky. Need to see more photos. Maybe more people will pipe in and there'll be some alterations made by the studio....like how fans influenced the Wonder Woman costume for the failed pilot.

Yes I know it's saturating the internet right now, but click on the image for a much larger view.

2 Comments:

At August 4, 2011 at 6:05 PM, Anonymous Allen said...

Hey, didn't I just read this on some other blog? ;)

My response to the wet, scaly comment: He's Aquaman in disguise!

Yes, we better have red shorts dammit!!!

 
At August 5, 2011 at 10:59 AM, Blogger LA Filmcutter said...

Aquaman in disguise! LOL!!!! That's about right!

I actually looked VERY closely at the hi-rez image and began to realize that he may, in fact, NOT have the red trunks on! In the shadow of the photo that area looks kind of blue. Holding my breath until we see more though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home