Friday, August 5, 2011

A moment of reflection...

This past July 28 marked the 15th anniversary of my entire life changing. Stepping away from the events in Maryland, while initially the most grueling I would ever experience, ultimately became the best possible thing that could ever happen to me in my entire life...and my appreciation for that decade and a half marker continues...

Going back to school, finding the path, securing those first industry jobs, gaining a lot of experience, getting on a plane for the first time in my life and traveling to a major city I'd never been to before 3,000 miles away.

I stand now at the best place in my career to date. This year has not only seen me make MAJOR steps forward, but also brings me to a goal achieved; to get a staff position at a top trailer house. I'm here!!!....and this certainly doesn't mean I stop in my tracks and not try to achieve even more.

At this level, a whole new world has opened up and my head is firmly above the clouds. I'm certainly not trying to brag. Just acknowledge how grateful I am to be in LA, to be working in the film industry and how I'm becoming firmly entrenched at In Sync Advertising.

So much of my previous existence has been pushed aside, packed away or dumped in the trash. Possessions, situations and interactions I would have held near and dear 15 years ago are now just unnecessary albatrosses, having been cut loose during the last decade. In disgust...no. But for the mere innocent fact that I've moved on into this new, wonderfully enriching phase of my life where what isn't good for me, goes!

This is all just a personal satisfaction and not a call for approval, because the only approval I need now is my own. This is not a proclamation of higher status but of self-betterment. This is my own ongoing acknowledgment of a dream fulfilled. And as I stated in my very first blog post (with a slight modification) back on March 26, 2004...

The Editor's Adventure continues!

2 Comments:

At August 5, 2011 at 11:38 AM, Anonymous Allen said...

"This is all just a personal satisfaction and not a call for approval, because the only approval I need now is my own."

Amen brother.

But just for the record, Lisa and I do approve of your current situation! :)

 
At August 5, 2011 at 12:55 PM, Blogger LA Filmcutter said...

HA-HA! THANK YOU!!! :) Your approval is always welcome! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home