Saturday, August 6, 2011

"Apes" pre-release under-appreciation? SIDDOWN!!

Oh and BTW...

Lately I've been feeling like the only person on the planet who was looking forward to "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" more than just a few days before it's release! I keep reading people saying things like...

"Look, let’s face it. I don’t think any of us were really expecting a lot out of Rise of the Planet of the Apes."

and...

"...many people still seem to be skeptical of whether or not it'll actually be good."

To which I respond BLOW IT OUT YOUR ASS!! I felt the potential of this movie many months ago...for absolute REAL!

And on a side note (with a re-post I made on Facebook earlier today), I seriously hate pretentious movie critics. Whether they're working for a major publication / website, or just some 20-somethings who eat way too many donuts and think they know all there is to know about movies. Everything sucks to them even when it's good. Coming from an intensely faithful movie lover, I just don't need such negativity in my life. Especially from people who think "Scott Pilgrim" is God's gift and the original "Terminator" is a laugh-fest comedy. Morons!!

All they ever have to say about the 1968 classic is 'how cheesy it and the sequels were'. For the record (in case you haven't looked it up online) those films were made during a certain period of time (it's all about perspective), they weren't 'cheesy' (once again, I despise that word!), oh and when were you born? After "Back to the Future"? O.K. no wonder!! LOL!

Along similar lines, this guy in particular seriously annoys the shit out of me and I can't contain my PC veil any longer! I've already noticed a couple of articles where he just doesn't do his homework.

Most recently he claimed that Cornelia (one of the apes in "Rise") was the name of Kim Hunter's character in the original "Planet of the Apes". Then he went on the say that Caesar led the simian revolt in "Battle for the Planet of the Apes". [BUZZER] Sorry...the correct answer is Zira (Kim Hunter) and "Conquest of the Planet of the Apes". Other posts hold some of the same type of misinformation. Jeez...if I give you a buck would you go out and buy a clue or another donut? Oh, and he likes "Rise" (good!) but with a pretentious edge (bad!).

Hey, it's 2am...just needed to blow it out before bed. HA-HA! Hail, Caesar! Hail, Andy Serkis! Hail this movie! I'm so ready for the screening tonight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home