Monday, July 4, 2011

First (unofficial) day at In Sync

Saturday marked my first day at In Sync Advertising. This was a ramp-up shift to my diving into the project full force on Tuesday.

The really amazing and wonderful thing that happened when I got up yesterday morning: I suddenly felt completely imbued with renewed with motivation and drive. I began to realize that working at Happy Hour was slowly sapping that career-shaping push. I certainly worked on some top shelf projects like "The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian", The Book of Eli" and "Unstoppable". However, in between those and other top features I found myself cutting the occasional reality show promo, Cartoon Network series broadcast spot or upcoming film 'in pre-production' sales reel.

Even though I was certainly grateful to be working on all of these studio and network projects, the content level of major theatrical motion picture releases was not totally where I wanted it to be. I was always aware of that impending next step, thanks my involvement with Happy Hour, and I fully intended to accept a staff position there should it eventually be offered. But suddenly the next phase of my career happily entered the picture and now here I am!

So welcome back to the hyperactive overdrive that got me to LA in the first place! Always present and never diminished... just maybe with the volume unconsciously turned down a notch over the last year and a half.

Now on to my first full week starting tomorrow!

2 Comments:

At July 5, 2011 at 3:02 AM, Anonymous Allen said...

I hear you can contact the Banzai Institute and have 'hyperactive overdrive' installed on the Mini. It will allow you to pass through solid matter, cutting your morning and evening commutes in half.

Can't wait to read more of "The Adventures of Buckaroo B. DeMille!"

 
At July 5, 2011 at 7:28 AM, Blogger LA Filmcutter said...

Hey, that's an awesome idea! Hyperactive Drive Mini! I LIKE IT!!! LOL!

Yes, I know there will be many tales to be told in the upcoming weeks and months!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home