Sunday, June 26, 2011

"Stripes" discharged 30 years ago today



Hey, here's a movie that almost fell through the anniversary acknowledgment cracks...made even more a sin because I love and own it!

"Stripes" was Bill Murray's first high profile movie. Two years after "Meatballs" and three years before "Ghostbusters", Murray's unforgettable final basic training review march would be a staple of movie comedy, with everyone mimicking his famous line, "THAT'S THE FACT, JACK!!!"

This would also be Harold Ramis' acting introduction in a major Hollywood movie one year after his directorial debut with "Caddyshack". Also our first encounter with Sean Young just one year before "Blade Runner".

Now that I've positioned everyone on the 80's timeline, it's time to have that all important 30th Anniversary screening in the 10th Box. I have the 25th Anniversary DVD that I picked up the week it came out but, believe it or not, haven't actually opened yet. So now I can enjoy this special edition-laden set in all it's boot camp glory!

One of my favorite lines:
John Winger: "Oh, it's not the speed really so much, I just wish I hadn't drunk all that cough syrup this morning."

Plus, let's not forget that surprise accessory for the 10th Box that shipped last week and will be arriving by this Tuesday! Excitement abounds!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home