Thursday, June 9, 2011

Several post house responses and...OH CRAP, SERIOUSLY?!!

A few responses have trickled in from my mass e-mailing to 62 post houses exactly one week ago. One in particular from a company called Shapeshifter Post. They do trailers and broadcast spots as well as DVD content, commercials, TV series, features, and music videos.

They were very interested to work out getting me in the door and bring some new blood to the table. But first I needed to be passed through Disney approval, since they'd be looking for me to cut Disney content. I've heard that the Mouse House is VERY strict on who they work with...in this case, even freelance editors who work at independent facilities. I had to fill out a separate 'editor profile' sheet and fax it over to them, beyond my pro-site Shapeshifter checked out.

Now...here comes the BIG kicker of responses!

Last night I received a call from a contact of mine who previously was the post supervisor at the now defunct Cannery Agency, and we'd worked together a number of times. A few months ago Rebecca and I bumped into him at Ralph's Supermarket. He told me he was now working with Cimarron Group and gave me his card. I responded by e-mailing him a link to my pro-site.

His call was to find out what my availability was.

Cimarron Group is one of THE top trailer houses in the industry. One that I've been trying to get into since 2002.

AAAAGGGGHHHH!!!!!

Why am I screaming? Because as much as I am EXTREMELY grateful for the constant work I've been blessed with at trailer house Happy Hour Creative, I can't go and work for them right now because I'm booked here for the next several weeks, probably until the end of this month.

I told him my situation and that I really appreciated his call. He said to definitely give him a call back when I was done with my current gig. Despite the timing, this is pretty awesome! Next to my repeated resumes and reels, and now that link to my pro-site, I officially have an 'in' at Cimarron! Now all I need is a hole in my schedule when they need me to finally get in the door! It's gonna happen!!!

2 Comments:

At June 10, 2011 at 3:08 AM, Anonymous Allen said...

When it rains, it pours!
You could use the jaws of life or an I.E.D. to make a hole in your schedule. :)

 
At June 10, 2011 at 10:21 AM, Blogger LA Filmcutter said...

I know...crazy, right?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home