Saturday, June 11, 2011

Happy Birthday, Ferris and Indy!



Today is the 25th Anniversary of "Ferris Bueller's Day Off"!! And if that isn't enough in it's own right, tomorrow is the 30th Anniversary of "Raiders of the Lost Ark"!!!

So certainly a gi-normous blow-out celebration is in order on this site...being that these are two of my very favorite movies! BALLS-OUT banners are in the works for tomorrow along with a proper remembrance of seeing both of these iconic movies when they first came out in 1986 and 1981, respectively.

Unfortunately, with trying to catch a nap before tonight's movie extravaganza, my clock time is limited when it comes to showering Ferris with his proper on-the-day appreciation. But don't worry....tomorrow's going to be HUGE!! You'll see.



6 Comments:

At June 12, 2011 at 4:03 AM, Anonymous Allen said...

Yay!
I can't believe it's been that long... 30 years since Raiders, amazing.

But more importantly Mr. DeMille; when did we get that old?!

 
At June 12, 2011 at 1:35 PM, Blogger LA Filmcutter said...

I'm only that old when I look in the mirror. I'll be avoiding that more as time goes by. ;)

But yeah, seriously!...how can it be 30 years?! And where did the time go? Oy!!

 
At June 13, 2011 at 4:50 PM, Anonymous Allen said...

Love the banners!

 
At June 13, 2011 at 5:05 PM, Blogger LA Filmcutter said...

THANKS!!!

Still trying to find the code that will allow multiple banners to rotate...not JUST whenever you refresh the page. I know we've been on the hunt for this before. It's gotta be out there!

 
At June 14, 2011 at 4:28 AM, Anonymous Allen said...

I know!
It may be time to migrate to Wordpress. I have a Wordpress account and have been tinkering. Helped another friend set up his blog on there, he likes it. They have a lot more controls and "gadgets" to play with!

 
At June 14, 2011 at 10:09 AM, Blogger LA Filmcutter said...

Not sure I'm looking to head to Wordpress...even though I am aware of some of the cool features they possess. Just feel like I need to dig deeper since I've seen Blogger sites that have those rotating banners.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home