Friday, May 6, 2011

Back in the saddle

After a two week hiatus, I've returned to report on a number of things....yet this post will be pretty brief as I'm at work and trying to get a cut out by end of day.

Tonight we'll be going to see "Thor". I've been pleasantly surprised at the good reviews coming down from major critics. So I'm certainly ready to be wowed by what is being called one of the best superhero movies of the past several years (can it be?). More on this after the screening. Tomorrow morning we expect to see "Fast Five" which is also garnering very positive reviews. Also want to check out the indie "Win Win" starring Paul Giamatti.

Continuing to work at Happy Hour Creative after taking a two day break to work on the Blake Edwards Tribute. Unfortunately, Julie Andrews was feeling ill and decided to meet with us on May 25 for final approval. So we put everything into polishing the piece to present to her in a few weeks.

Looking to pick up my Mini from Bob Smith Mini a week from tomorrow. That's when I'll finally have all the money together to pay for the new engine. Can't wait to have my baby back on the road! You have no idea!

Today has been a particularly bad day at work for reasons I caution to include here. Perhaps a little later when some of the smoke has cleared in my brain (no, I'm not on drugs!). Just something I really need to realize, accept and move on about. But it's certainly made me contemplate my place unequivocally amongst people. I need to do some personal housecleaning once more.

On a brighter note, I'm really looking forward to having a fun weekend with Rebecca as we will probably be heading to the beach, fly kites and check out bicycles we plan to buy in the near future! As well as see some great movies!

...O.K. so I guess this post wasn't that short.

2 Comments:

At May 6, 2011 at 4:53 PM, Anonymous Allen said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend, relax and enjoy!

BTW - I'm suposed to start work tomorrow, but nobody has called or emailed today to tell me where to be!

 
At May 6, 2011 at 5:26 PM, Blogger LA Filmcutter said...

Oh jeez!! I hope you get some confirmation soon...I mean it's mid-evening where you are for God's sake!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home