Sunday, May 15, 2011

Availability call and follow up

Got a call from one of my contacts at New Wave Entertainment on this past week. She wanted to know my availability starting Monday. Of course I'm still at Happy Hour and will be for at least the next two weeks. She said they had a few projects heating up which were mostly sizzle reels and that there would probably be a need for an editor or editors going into June.

The last time I worked at New Wave was in December of 2008 on the DVD for the remake of "The Day The Earth Stood Still". Since the downturn in DVD sales due to oversaturation, that would also turn out to be one of the last DVD special features projects I would work on.

I let her know that once I was done at Happy Hour I'd be available to come there if there was still a need at that point. When we got off the phone I immediately e-mailed her a link to my pro-site so she could see the short-form stuff I've been cutting. The only projects they've seen my work on is long-form special features.

I finally broke down and called Trailer Park back. It's been a month since I applied to their call for editors that garnered me a call back. As mentiones, they wanted to have me come by for a meet-and-greet to be followed by my starting my first project with them. When I spoke with them on Thursday I was told that they hadn't forgotten me but that they were waiting for some of these projects to heat up more before bringing me in initially. That had been my thought over these past few weeks that perhaps they just weren't ready yet. I was told that they would contact me when that happened and for me to feel free to check in as well.

I also just saw a job listing on entertainmentcareers.net for a trailer editor. The company name said 'confidentially' which usually means it's a top house. Sent my link off to them right away. Even though I'm working right now I still want to keep the fires of advancement burning!

2 Comments:

At May 15, 2011 at 4:23 PM, Anonymous Allen said...

Burn baby burn! - Burn that mama down, yoh!

 
At May 16, 2011 at 1:02 PM, Blogger LA Filmcutter said...

Trying!!!! LOL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home