Thursday, March 31, 2011

Work and pro-website response update!

The list of post houses I've sent a link to has shrunk a bit due to some shop closures and changing of hands. They number went from 73 to 63, yet still a really good list.

So far I've received about 12 responses. Some that they really like my work but there's no available work at the moment, saying they'd put me on their list. Others responded very favorably about my talent and experience, saying they were going to pass my link around to several producers. And the best news of all; one came back asking what my availability was to come in for an interview next week!

Bonch (boncho.tv) is a general post house, although their listing on LA411.com says they're a commercial house. My contact there asked if he could meet with me on Tuesday or Wednesday and I said either would be fine. Expecting the exact day to be decided upon on Monday. Says that even though their roster is pretty full at the moment, he really wants to work with me in the near future, commenting that my work was very impressive.

On the Happy Hour Creative side, I e-mailed them today asking about work possibilities for next week. Almost immediately they responded that they wouldn't have anything next week but would definitely need me starting the week after that....AND for at least one full month! This, as well as the interview next week, is great news. I'm certainly hoping to snag a few more interviews. Especially one dry important coincidence.

As I was confirming correct e-mail addresses for everyone I noticed on Trailer Park's website that they had just posted a job notification for trailer editors. This was only four days old, which yes can be a long time compared to the quickness of responses. But still not too long that my response would be timed just right. After contacting the two people I was referred to by the head of Happy Hour, I quickly sent my link to the actual job listing. Here's keeping my fingers tightly crossed that the phone will ring or an e-mail might drop shortly about an interview!

2 Comments:

At April 1, 2011 at 2:27 PM, Anonymous Allen Pinney said...

Big thumbs up for work , WonderCon and seeing Bill Burke!

 
At April 5, 2011 at 2:54 PM, Blogger LA Filmcutter said...

YAY to all!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home