Thursday, March 24, 2011

...AND DONE!!!

My pro-website has been updated and is now ready to be sent out, once again, to the 73 other post houses I'm still trying to get into! I somehow thought it'd only take me a couple of days initially...yet here we are a week and a half later! But hey, it's still a hell of a lot less time than burning DVDs, printing resumes and cover letters, labeling and packaging everything up, then taking the lot to the post office!

I'm really happy to have included several new trailers and broadcast spots. Since the DVD market went soft on 2009, my focus has been solely on what I came out here for in the first place. Even though I certainly enjoyed the four years I was also cutting DVD special features. Since 2003 it's always been a little of both and my wish now is to continue to get into the top houses. Happy Hour certainly still wants me on staff, but there has to be enough work to justify that yet. Right now I'm still a free agent and need to, as always, keep moving forward.

It's a great sense of accomplishment to have completed this pro-site update....and here's to moving to the next level. Never still, never settling, never stopping!

2 Comments:

At March 24, 2011 at 11:51 AM, Anonymous Allen Pinney said...

Rock on!

I love the "Detroit 1-8-7" spot, it feels gritty and Motown and at the same time its hip and engaging. I would watch that show!

Using 'Barracuda' for the intro? Genius!

Okay, so what's next?

 
At March 25, 2011 at 9:16 PM, Blogger LA Filmcutter said...

Thanks!! Yes, you should definitely check out the show. I only saw the pilot which is what the spot was cut from. But it's suppose to be really good.

Like I said before, after going through a series of library tracks, then trying to find a new artist track with the right vibe, I decided to go classic rock and am really happy with the way it turned out. Expected it might take me a day or two to fine tune and polish the cut. But amazingly I put the whole thing together in an afternoon and evening.

What's next is showing off these stylized spots to top trailer houses and getting a bite. I've had stuff on my DVD reel and the website previously that I know is good. But what's on there now definitely takes things to the next level and I'm hoping to get more than the usual notice from some of these post houses.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home