Saturday, February 19, 2011

G1: Day One

Last night was a lot of fun after I joined Rebecca at Gallifrey One. Managed to get out of work at a reasonable time after a particularly intensive and bit off-kilter day. Which made sharing all the Doctor Who appreciation that much more satisfying and refreshing.

Unfortunately I missed the opening ceremonies which held a special surprise appearance by Peter Davison after, from what Rebecca told me, was a particularly clever video ramp-up, similar to Conan O'Brien running to LA for his first Tonight Show. Hopefully someone puts it on YouTube.

And here we are on Day Two where we found a Dalek roaming the halls and giving out Jelly Babies. It was brilliant because after offering the candy to members of the ever growing crowd of photo-taking fans, he exclaimed 'DO NOT TAKE THE RED ONES!!!' LOL! I even took some video of this which I'll be posting shortly. We're having a great time and there's so much to see!

5 Comments:

At March 3, 2011 at 12:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You have video of the Dalek policing Jelly baby violations? Please do post!

 
At March 3, 2011 at 12:36 PM, Blogger LA Filmcutter said...

Yes I do, actually. Been meaning to post them which I can definitely do tonight. Please check back!

 
At March 3, 2011 at 3:46 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks! That's me in the Dalek and I never get to take pictures what with all the threatening and exterminating and stuff.

 
At March 3, 2011 at 4:24 PM, Blogger LA Filmcutter said...

OH, WOW!! My girlfriend and I actually spoke with you after you got out of the Dalek. That was truly brilliant, I have to say! As mentioned in my post, our favorite part was when you offered Jelly Babies to people, then yelled 'DO NOT TAKE THE RED ONES!!!' in a higher register.

I actually have several photos of you in the Dalek with crowds of people around taking photos at Gallifrey One. I'll post those tonight and let you know (here) when they're up as well. Check back! Cheers!

 
At March 3, 2011 at 9:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Much appreciate it! The jelly baby thing worked really well. Jammie Dodgers less so because they were gone so fast the Dalek barely had time to scream at people to eat them properly and not lick out the jammy bit first.......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home