Tuesday, February 1, 2011

'Chasing Rockets'

Two guys working on a fence in the flatlands...a missile flies over their heads. They look up in amazement. A moment later, Superman zooms past trying to catch up to the missile. The two react again to the incredible sight. Now we're chasing Superman, watching from over his shoulders as he closes in on a nuclear warhead that's headed for the east coast.

To this day, that moment in "Superman, The Movie" accompanied by John Williams' stirring music track still raises the hair on my arms....even when I played the score in the car this morning. You just can't listen to it at any volume level other than 11!

4 Comments:

At February 1, 2011 at 12:31 PM, Anonymous Allen Pinney said...

*like* (a lot!)

 
At February 1, 2011 at 4:47 PM, Anonymous Bismo said...

...And when I look down I find I've subconsciously accelerated to 80!

 
At February 1, 2011 at 5:24 PM, Blogger LA Filmcutter said...

Seriously!! I was actually doing that, weaving in and out of freeway traffic, thinking about Superman having to weave in and out of hills and mountains while gaining on the missile! LOL!

 
At February 1, 2011 at 7:48 PM, Anonymous Bismo said...

Okay, if I could figure out how to type it I'd say, Sing it with me: Dunh! Dunh! Dunh, dunh-dunh-dunh-dunh! (Indy truck chase!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home