Sunday, January 16, 2011

Golden Globe Awards tonight!

I'm very much looking forward to the Golden Globes tonight, especially after seeing "The King's Speech" yesterday morning.

My favorite to win is in fact "The King's Speech", with award nominations for Best Picture, Colin Firth for Best Actor, Geoffrey Rush for Best Supporting Actor, and Helena Bonham Carter for Best Supporting Actress. Not to mention the director, screenplay, and music score categories.

"The Social Network" is a really great, really well written, performed, and shot movie...definitely one of my favorites from 2010. But "The King's Speech" is just spectacular. I can't say enough about how much I liked it, but I will try when I write my review shortly. Still rooting for "Social" as well, since I think it's definitely deserving of the attention it's getting. Probably would have to say that I could be a tad disappointed if "Inception" pulls down any major awards over these two heavy hitters.

"Toy Story 3" is absolutely a lock for Best Animated Film....but hey, where is Daft Punk's score nomination for "Tron Legacy"?! OH, COME ON!! Why is "The Tourist", "Alice in Wonderland" and "Burlesque" nominated for Best Picture, Comedy or Musical?! Seriously?! Kind of reaching! Is that how dry 2010 was in that category?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home