Tuesday, January 11, 2011

"Doctor Who"....I'M BACK IN!

IT'S OFFICIAL!!....Twenty years after watching and embracing the original series, I'm finally back into Doctor Who! Even though the new show has been on for five years, I've just now latched on again....thanks to Rebecca! Watching Series 1 with Christopher Eccleston.

Plus, what incredibly perfect timing! Rebecca just reminded me that there's a Doctor Who convention that takes place in LA! I'd heard about it during their second year in 2006 but hadn't gotten into the new show yet, even though I fully intended to. Was hearing so many great things about it but never quite took the time to investigate. Now that she's very excitedly gotten into the show and I've reconnected, we were really happy to learn that this year's event is right around the corner!! February 18 - 20 in fact!

So right away we went online and bought our tickets for what I'm sure is going to be an amazing weekend! So you know what that means don't you? WE NEED A SECOND COUNTDOWN CLOCK! LOL!

2 Comments:

At January 12, 2011 at 10:11 AM, Anonymous Allen Pinney said...

Yeah, that's just what you need another countdown clock!
Eccleston got me back into Who as well, that and Billie Piper (meow!). "Secret Diary of a Call Girl" anyone? LOL

Lost track somehow during David Tennant's run, then got caught up and went right into Matt Smith's (11th) Doctor. He has great chemistry with his new companion. This coming season/series they'll be in America, should be a hoot.

 
At January 12, 2011 at 11:36 AM, Blogger LA Filmcutter said...

MORE COUNTDOWN CLOCKS!! MORE COUNTDOWN CLOCKS!!!! [in Dalek speak]

Yeah, I was really glad to hear the Matt Smith is getting great reviews for his portrayal of the Doctor, especially since Russell T Davies stepped down. Even though I'm still at the beginning of the first series, it's good to know that the show continues on successfully while I'm enjoying the catch-up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home