Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2010 movie rundown: the good, the bad, and the WTF?!

And now, what I consider to be one of the most important rundowns of each and every year; MOVIES!!! This list is not only based on the quality of these films but how well I enjoyed them.

Here are my top 10 favorite movies of 2010:
"Toy Story 3"
"The Social Network"
"How to Train Your Dragon"
"Tron: Legacy"
"The Town"
"The Book of Eli"
"Kick-Ass"
"Jackass 3D"
"Despicable Me"
"The Runaways"

The one movie I did enjoy, but also thought could have been better:
"Iron Man 2"

The movie I had high hopes for but was disappointed in, partly for it's lack of some basic communication with the audience:
"Inception"

Just bad or surprisingly not good:
"The Other Guys"
"Hereafter "

And the 'Why All The Fuss?' Award goes to:
"Scott Pilgrim vs. The World"
"Alice in Wonderland"

Sold out screenings of "Scott Pilgrim" by uber-fans months after it premiered?....SERIOUSLY?! "Alice in Wonderland" is the sixth highest grossing movie of all time?...REALLY??!!

2 Comments:

At January 5, 2011 at 6:44 AM, Anonymous Allen Pinney said...

Damn I got some movie watching to do!

Interesting that you have 3 animated features in your Top 10 list.

Agree with IM2 and I would put "The Book of Eli" there too. Somehow it just wasn't what I was hoping for.

I think "Alice in Wonderland" made most of it's money overseas.

 
At January 12, 2011 at 11:40 AM, Blogger LA Filmcutter said...

Come on!!! Get up to speed!!! LOL!

And yeah, "Alice" in Europe makes sense, especially with the overcharging for 3D.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home