Monday, December 6, 2010

The work expansion I hoped for...AND MORE!!

Spoke with Chris at Happy Hour towards the end of last week about continuing work.

Being that I am now right on the verge of taking a trip back to Albany for a few days, I was concerned that my absence from the ever increasing amount of work might negate returning to HHC immediately following. If another editor needed to jump on something right away, I might have been too far out of the loop to come on in the middle. I was beginning to feel like I seriously needed to stay put and soak up as much as possible before the inevitable slowdown that always occurs in the industry around the holidays.

But I was in for a very nice surprise when Chris caught up with me about what was coming down the pike.

Turns out there are a number of projects either about to land, being scheduled, and on the fast track to hit us soon. He told me I'd not only be needed on the Monday after I get back to LA, but there'd be work right up until Christmas. I'd already gotten the impression that he'd probably call me to return after the holidays the way things were going. He did one better by saying they intended to not only keep me working up until Christmas, but right on through it and straight into January! The holidays were now looking to be one of the best, career wise and financially as well! My concerns that a holiday absence might alter my work schedule too much were not only gone, but I was told that the three days away from the office would be financially beneficial to them as they gather assets for the next project I'll be undertaking.

Bottom line: I'll be cruising VERY comfortably into 2011!! A very different and very colorful picture compared to last years bleak and grey outlook. A 2010 holiday season I am truly blessed to be a part of.

At the moment I'm working on broadcast spots for a new ABC drama series about to premiere in January. Another cool project that's definitely been pretty fun to work on. Details of the show to follow as soon as I can talk about it.

1 Comments:

At December 7, 2010 at 2:51 AM, Anonymous Allen Pinney said...

Great news!
Sure hope we get to see you and Rebecca when you're in town!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home