Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Wondercon 2011: back on the books!

Working out plans to go to Wondercon at the beginning of this coming April. Original wasn't sure if it was going to happen, in part because of Rebecca's work schedule. She has a strict number of vacations days each year and needs to be frugal about using them.

I'd already made our hotel reservations at the San Francisco Marriott Marquis (right next door to the convention center) back in November to at least have something in place if this trip ended up happening. We're looking to head up to San Francisco after Rebecca gets out of work on Friday (thus not cutting into her vacation time), attending the event on Saturday and part of Sunday, then returning Sunday evening. Wondercon is three days long beginning Friday, April 1.

I'm pretty excited to be returning for the second time to Comic-Con's sister convention, plus the opportunity to catch the Marvel and DC presentations for "Thor", Captain America", and "Green Lantern" (respectively) just a short time before they premiere in theaters. I have to say I'm starting to feel a little skeptical about exactly how good these three movies will be. But I'm still interested to check out what I'm sure will be a couple of very cool panels.

BTW, I'm about to put in my first Pro Membership application. This is a free pass for attending industry professionals and will allow me to bring three guests, one of course will be Rebecca. This means certain people from the East Coast could also join in (hint, hint!). This is something I wanted to do last year for Comic-Con but unfortunately it didn't quite work out....long story.

The last time we attended WC was 2009. It was a great half year hit to keep us going, four months out from the main event in July. Wondercon is about one third the size of Comic-Con but definitely brings the same buzz. AND...how can you not love San Francisco?!

2 Comments:

At December 28, 2010 at 4:44 PM, Anonymous Allen Pinney said...

I'll just assume you mean the guy with free time AND money!

 
At December 29, 2010 at 11:59 AM, Blogger LA Filmcutter said...

No...I actually mean BOTH you AND Bill! Spoke with Bill last night and he expressed some major interest in trying to make a trip out here for this work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home