Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Here in Albany!

Having winged over the US and now finding ourselves in 17 degree Albany, I feel the need to say what an amazingly none stressful day today was as far as packing, getting to the airport, boarding our flight, and arriving to the waiting hotel just one mile from our destination airport....aaaahhhh. 

It's been the norm for my pre-flights to be a bit like Doc Brown trying to reconnect the cable before the lightning strikes and Marty and the DeLorean hit the wire. Not today in the least!

REALLY looking forward to prepping the remaining few small boxes of my belongings that have sat patiently in my old bedroom at Mom's to rejoin the rest of my stuff that's already made the move to California. This is going to be a fun trip, a productive trip, a reflective trip. Staying in a hotel just a half mile from where I use to live will seem somewhat surreal. But ultimately I'll be able to drive by there and realize the accomplishment of making the move to LA, having relinquished a place that I held in such high regard for so long.

The three days during our stay will see a reunion with my Mom after a little over a year, lunch and dinner with Bill B. and a few local friends I also haven't seen in a long time, and a tour of places I grew up and frequented with Rebecca at my side. The weather's going to be somewhat bitter and snowy at times, but that's part of what I miss about living back east. Christmas is almost here and it's going to be great to have a small taste of that along the way.

3 Comments:

At December 9, 2010 at 2:24 AM, Anonymous Allen Pinney said...

So close, and yet so far. :(

 
At December 9, 2010 at 3:10 PM, Anonymous Bismo said...

What Allen said! But have a great visit!

 
At December 10, 2010 at 7:41 PM, Blogger LA Filmcutter said...

Thanks! Having fun, getting stuff done and surviving the cold...that's our mission!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home