Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Boxes arrive

Since Monday morning, sixteen of the seventeen boxes I shipped from Albany have arrived at Rebecca's workplace. She used her company Fed-Ex account which gave me a 35% discount per box to send. The only stipulation being that they had to go there as opposed to my place first. So this morning I rented a U-Haul van to cart my precious belongings from Burbank to the apartment. Everything is upstairs now, safe and sound. Yay!

This means that 98% of my stuff is now in California. A few odds and ends remain at Mom's but will easily be packed into four or five medium-sized boxes when I head back there in a couple of weeks, work schedule permitting.

It's SO nice to finally be all in one place! Plus, I was able to get rid of a number of items while back east, coming to the conclusion that I had no use for them out here. Trash, donation to the Salvation Army, and selling for cash has been and will be the fate of that overflow, lessening my overall load.

4 Comments:

At December 15, 2010 at 6:54 PM, Anonymous Allen Pinney said...

Was the Mini jealous of the U-Haul?

 
At December 16, 2010 at 11:45 AM, Blogger LA Filmcutter said...

No, just happy not to have to cram in such a large load over and over again.

 
At December 16, 2010 at 12:06 PM, Blogger Allen Pinney said...

Wow... there's a dirty joke in that response somewhere... LOL

 
At December 16, 2010 at 4:35 PM, Blogger LA Filmcutter said...

HA-HA!! Hi, Bill!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home