Wednesday, December 29, 2010

"Back to the Future" Celebration: DeLorean Crash Site

I just realized that I never posted this here, even though some of you have seen it on Facebook. This was the final stop on the "BTTF" locations tour in early November where, in "Back to the Future Part III", Marty returns from 1885 in the train-wheeled DeLorean. As with the rest of the tour, the couple hundred of us departed our two tour buses to take in the site and take lots of photos and videos. What everyone didn't know was that a movie-accurate, fan built, train-wheeled DeLorean Time Machine was just about to roll down the tracks at the exact location where it happened in the movie. I'll let the video do the talking about how cool this truly was!

Unfortunately I was unable to post this on YouTube because I got that stupid 'there's copyright material in your video so it won't be seen worldwide' bullshit. Mainly due to the opening which has a clip from the movie right before footage I took at the location. I did ultimately post a version to YouTube, minus the opening "BTTF Part III" clip. But here for the first time is what I originally intended and prefer; a side by side comparison of film clip and shot footage.

2 Comments:

At December 29, 2010 at 1:27 PM, Anonymous Allen Pinney said...

Two Thumbs Up for the restored, director's cut!

 
At December 29, 2010 at 1:58 PM, Blogger LA Filmcutter said...

LOL! Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home