Wednesday, December 22, 2010

And yes, work continues at Happy Hour through the holidays!!

This week marks four full months straight that I've been working at Happy Hour Creative! Incredible! But wait, here's more good news. Just spoke with Chris last Thursday and he told me that a new project was coming in this week. A major FOX series I'll be cutting two Super Bowl spots for.

You heard it...The Super Bowl!

Can't reveal the title of the show just yet so stay tuned. In the meantime I can reveal that over the past month I've been cutting a number of spots for the January premiere of ABC's new doctor series "Off The Map". Originally one of these 30 second spots was to actually be shown in theaters in front of "The Tourist" and "Little Fockers". But unfortunately, after multiple cuts that started getting less and less tinkering from the studio (a good sign), they decided to pull the plug on the project abruptly.

Having nothing to do with Happy Hour's or my performance whatsoever, we all stood around scratching our heads wondering why the sudden change. The mostly approved version was within hours of sending to finish. Pretty frustrating! We ultimately never really got a firm answer but speculated that it may have been for budgetary reasons. But hey, we said, they could just as easily put it on broadcast or even the official website. At this point I'm not sure what the fate of this project will be. Hopefully they'll turn up somewhere soon.

Right now I'm here through the end of this week with the possibility that I might be off for Christmas Eve. Then it's back on Monday, continuing into the beginning of January. This is actually a record year for me as far as this period. The last time I worked straight through the holidays was in 2006 at The Cannery. I'd begun a project there in October, then segued into a second and third, even bringing a drive back to Albany for a couple of weeks where I continued to cut and e-mail project files as I visited with my Mom and friends. Then when I returned they had a whole new project for me to start which carried me into March of 2007.

This will be the first time since I've been in LA that I'll be working through the holidays AND staying put to do the work here. One thing I've already noticed; since schools are closed, most notably UCLA which is right off the 405 and my drive to Happy Hour, traffic is considerably down this week. Even with the rain...oh I'm sorry, "Storm of the Century" (gimme a break)...my drive time is almost cut in half.

2 Comments:

At December 22, 2010 at 3:38 PM, Anonymous Allen Pinney said...

VERY COOL!!! Merry Christmas To You!

 
At December 22, 2010 at 3:41 PM, Blogger LA Filmcutter said...

EXACTLY!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home