Thursday, October 28, 2010

Welcome to Tron Day

Tonight is the premiere in select theaters of 20 minutes of footage in 3D from "Tron Legacy". There's just one catch...

As it turns out I'm working all this week, and just learned that I'd be here next week as well. This is GREAT news of course! Being that I'm in the middle of cutting several broadcast spots and trailers for a couple of major projects concurrently, plus due to the logistics of getting to a theater that's only three blocks from my apartment yet at least an hour from work, I've decided it would be best to not attend tonight. Other factors come into play as well.

I was looking at my free ticket info last night which includes admission for you an a guest. It states that you must come to the theater no later than one hour before show time with a photo ID. The ticket has my name on it. The movie starts at 7pm, Rebecca and I would have to be there at 6, plus you know there's going to be a huge line of people that may already be starting to form. The twenty minutes off footage they show will likely include the ten minutes we already witnessed at Comic-Con this past July, and I actually read a blurb online that somewhat confirmed this.

All of these things came into play in my decision. The drive during the height of rush hour on the freeway will most certainly be harrowing against the clock. If I weren't working this would be a snap, but I seriously have to think about priorities right now. Yes, I'm disappointed that we won't be going. On another note, we can still get to Disneyland where ElecTRONica is in full swing and I absolutely want to check that out!

2 Comments:

At October 28, 2010 at 1:44 PM, Anonymous Allen Pinney said...

Ha-ha, stupid me didn't hear about the preview until way too late. Tried to get tickets and they were allllll sold out. *sigh*

Yes, please go to ElecTRONica! Take lots of pictures and get me some free swag! With all of the available real estate in WDW I don't understand why they aren't doing ElecTRONica on the east coast! Mouse, you frustrate me!

 
At October 29, 2010 at 10:12 AM, Blogger LA Filmcutter said...

Yeah, tickets sold out pretty quick...within a few hours the day they went on sale to weeks ago. Definitely need to find time SOON to see ElecTRONica!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home