Friday, October 15, 2010

My Telly Award has arrived!!

I was just handed my Telly Award today at Happy Hour for the "The Book of Eli" broadcast spot I cut! Has my name on it and everything! As mentioned previously, this is my very first career award and I'm pretty excited and proud to receive it. Sure, it's not a Golden Trailer Award as I had hoped for this spot, but still a very definite acknowledgment of my work. Now to find the right place to display it at home.

Certainly capping what has been a very good year work wise, I look to the upcoming lean period in the industry with optimism. I need to keep working and I have faith that work will continue in some way shape or form. Monday starts my sixth week here as I continue to work on more broadcast spots for a major ABC series, soon to begin it's second season.

Here's the "Book of Eli" spot, entitled "Our Future", once more.

6 Comments:

At October 15, 2010 at 6:45 PM, Anonymous Allen Pinney said...

This is so awesome. We are so happy for you! And I LOVE that it has your name on, that frickin' rules!

I say put it on top of the toilet so EVERYBODY that visits has to see it and you can see it every morning when you get up and every night before you go to bed.

WOOHOO!

 
At October 16, 2010 at 12:07 AM, Blogger LA Filmcutter said...

That's funny (putting it on the back of the toilet, LOL!), but it's actually going to proudly sit on my desk for the time being. It may actually get it's own display case / shelf in time, right next to my NSRT diploma and other career related items, achievements, and photos.

Will have a photo of it up tomorrow or Sunday.

 
At October 17, 2010 at 2:20 PM, Anonymous Bismo said...

Congrats, man, great to see your work being recognized!

 
At October 17, 2010 at 4:01 PM, Blogger LA Filmcutter said...

Thanks, eh! Yeah, it's pretty sweet. Hopefully the first of a few. Gotta win that Golden Trailer Award next!

 
At October 17, 2010 at 8:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Many congrats to you, Doc!! This is only the first of what I'm SURE will be a long list of awards for you in the future! Keep up the great work, my friend!

 
At October 20, 2010 at 1:37 PM, Blogger LA Filmcutter said...

Thanks, Bill B.! I intend to do just that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home