Wednesday, August 11, 2010

One step closer to digital perfection!


When I discovered how amazingly easy it was to download the entire contents of a DVD (menus and all) directly to a hard drive using Mac The Ripper, that was just the beginning of my making a major breakthrough in taking the physical DVD and poorly constructed cases (that's always been a thorn in my side) OUT of the movie collection storage equation!

The next step was to research affordable conversion adapters, just like the way DVD upconverter players work, that I could plug my VGA computer cable into with an HDMI output connector on the opposite side. I've finally taken the time to do the needed research for locating the right 'box' and actually came up with several on Amazon.com. I've yet to check out Fry's, which may allow me to just go in and buy the unit as opposed to ordering online (not a problem either way), but one of the major aspects I was very happy to learn is the price on most of these converters; around $50. Nice!!

The bottom line is I can't afford one right this second. But this will ultimately allow me to play any movie in my DVD collection stored on my hard drive, going through one of these converters, and ending up on-screen looking just like they do now when I put an actual DVD in my upconverter player.

This truly is the future I've been waiting for! Just a little bit faster than the technological pace of the rest of the digital world. Click on the image of the converter to be taken to the product's Amazon.com page.

7 Comments:

At August 12, 2010 at 3:09 AM, Anonymous Allen Pinney said...

Hmmm... My curiosity is piqued. I have Handbrake but haven't used it that much. Looks like I'll be checking out Mac the Ripper now!

 
At August 12, 2010 at 7:52 AM, Blogger LA Filmcutter said...

The basic version is free and the pro version is only $9.95! You can find these here:

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/14414/mactheripper

 
At August 13, 2010 at 3:08 AM, Anonymous Allen Pinney said...

Thank you sir!

 
At August 13, 2010 at 8:19 AM, Blogger LA Filmcutter said...

You got it!

 
At August 13, 2010 at 3:40 PM, Blogger MsBeekeeper said...

What if you don't have a Mac?

 
At August 14, 2010 at 12:54 PM, Blogger LA Filmcutter said...

I wanna say there has to be a comparable version of Mac The Ripper or something similar for the PC. Must research.

 
At August 16, 2010 at 2:54 AM, Anonymous Allen Pinney said...

Who the hell doesn't have a Mac?!? ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home