Thursday, July 1, 2010

New Pee Wee Herman movie in the works!

I was really excited yesterday to read that Judd Apatow is in the early stages of putting together a brand new Pee Wee Herman movie! Apatow has a passion for "Pee Wee's Big Adventure" and recently went to see the new "Pee Wee's Playhouse" in LA, a show I really wish I could have afforded when it was playing.

Throw in some of the usual suspects from Apatow's films like Seth Rogan and Jonah Hill and this could be a hugely funny blowout comedy! Click on the pic of Pee Wee to read the full article at NYTimes.com.

BTW, this is the perfect time to resurrect the character on the big screen because "Pee Wee's Big Adventure" will be celebrating it's 25th anniversary in August!

2 Comments:

At July 1, 2010 at 1:42 PM, Anonymous Allen Pinney said...

"Pee Wee's Big Adventure" and "Pee Wee's Playhouse" (HBO & CBS) were genius!

I was not as happy with "Big Top Pee Wee", but seeing as Lisa and I saw it together it has a special place in my heart.

Have to admit I'm a little nervous having Judd Apatow take this on. I guess I'm worried that Pee Wee will lose too much of his innocence. I don't want it to be overly crass or too mean-spirited.

 
At July 2, 2010 at 11:01 AM, Blogger LA Filmcutter said...

"Big Top Pee Wee" was pretty forgettable. But that's cool that you guys saw it together and it has a special place.

I agree about Apatow's hard edged influence, as well as the excitement of him taking this movie on. I'm hoping as well that it's a really fun upbeat movie in the same vein as Tim Burton's classic. No drugs or harsh man-boy comedy please!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home