Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Like a child right before Christmas...

This is the time I really cherish. The week before Comic-Con, which has literally become my adult Christmas!

I remember the anticipation when I was a kid; the decorations were up, music of the season was everywhere, holiday specials ran continuously on TV, and presents would soon adorn the brightly lit tree. Then came Christmas morning and the cornucopia of gifts that brought excitement, laughter, and a really wonderful sense of just being home.

Now it's the drive to San Diego, seeing the skyline in the distance and getting closer, checking into the hotel, and peering out the room's window for the first time at the Convention Center down below. And finally, picking up membership badges and entering the exhibit hall for the first time on the first day. I'd really have to say that I do feel a sense of home when I'm there. On a side note, again I'm reminded of how this one event makes any of the conventions I attended in the 80s or 90s seem like cheap garage sales in comparison!

So here we are, on the verge of another amazing time at Comic-Con! "Tron Legacy" certainly has to be THE event of this year, and I'm sure there's going to be some really cool viral happenings going on around town as well. I would LOVE if they had Flynn's Arcade like they did last year!

3 Comments:

At July 14, 2010 at 1:39 PM, Anonymous Allen Pinney said...

"Do Not Open Until July 22nd"

 
At July 14, 2010 at 1:40 PM, Anonymous Allen Pinney said...

Unless of course you're going to preview night the it's the 21st - LOL!

 
At July 15, 2010 at 12:08 PM, Blogger LA Filmcutter said...

Exactly!!

Unfortunately we won't be going to Preview NIght because I was the only one of the three of us who was able to score a four day badge which included that. We'll still be having a great time Wednesday night just the same!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home