Tuesday, July 6, 2010

$500???!!!!

Tickets have gone on sale for the "Back to the Future" 25th Anniversary Reunion Event. And to my complete and utter shock, today I learned that the admission price for the 'Complete Experience - Includes all events and admissions' is $500 per person!!!

What, what, what, WHHAAAAATT???!!! WTF!!!!

I understand that there's a certain amount of logistics pulling this whole thing together, being that some of it takes place on the Universal lot, a tour (presumably by bus) of all the filming locations including a screening of the movie at a location that's about 45 min. south of where I live, plus the Enchantment Under The Sea Dance. I also just read that they're trying to get Huey Lewis and The News to perform. The guest list is expanding slowly and I certainly understand the amounts of money needed to put something like this together.......BUT $500 A POP??!! CHRIST!!!

And here's another interesting development. Turns out that, as of this writing, there's only 98 tickets left...98!! I have no idea how many there were to begin with and don't understand why there's such a limitation on the number of people who can attend. Give me a break! This thing had better be THE ULTIMATE "BTTF" EVENT EVER(!!!) for THIS kind of money to be asked for. I almost want to personally have a conversation with either Michael J. Fox or Christopher Lloyd for no less thatn five or ten minutes for this kind of cash!

Bottom line is I'm finally perfectly in-tune with Comic-Con financially, now just a little over two weeks away. I can't put forth that kind of money until I know that I'll be working more, either continuing on with Happy Hour for at least another week or two, or getting a gig with another post house soon after Comic-Con is over. I really don't want to miss out on what is shaping up to be a once in a lifetime celebration.

This week I'll be keeping my eye on that '98 tickets left' ticker to see what happens. The frustrating thing is I'm giving up Star Wars Celebration V in Florida next month because it's just too close to Comic-Con, plus I'm giving up going to the Grand Hotel on Machinac Island, Michigan in October for the 30th anniversary of "Somewhere in Time" because the money has just not been there. Oh but wait, there's this awesome "BTTF" anniversary event that's.....HOW MUCH??!!

Still want to go if I can swing it. But these guys had better deliver the goods....IN ABUNDANCE!!

3 Comments:

At July 6, 2010 at 2:43 AM, Anonymous Allen Pinney said...

"With all proceeds going to team fox for Parkinson's research."
Does that help take some of the sting out of the price tag?

 
At July 6, 2010 at 1:54 PM, Blogger LA Filmcutter said...

It's a great cause for sure, but......not really, no. $500 is still $500!

 
At July 7, 2010 at 2:25 AM, Anonymous Allen Pinney said...

Well it could be worse like, say... 6,506 Pesos or 43,906 Yen!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home