Tuesday, June 29, 2010

WHAT?!! "Buckaroo Banzai" screening with John Lithgow Q&A?!

And guess what the date is.....or rather WAS! LAST TUESDAY, JUNE 22!!! SHIT!!!!

The annual LA Film Festival has a myriad of movies scheduled over it's 10 day run. Usually you'll find a lot of independent films and shorts from the US and abroad. Can't really say there was ever anything that particularly struck my fancy until suddenly I came across an article on the fanboy site, Forces Of Geek, stating the following:

"Recently celebrated at the Los Angeles Film Festival with a 35mm screening (!) and a John Lithgow Q&A(!!!), "The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension" is the very definition of cult movie."

Wait, back up, WHAT?! When was this and why didn't I know about it?! Frustrates the hell out of me when you think you're on top of just about every movie event there is in the LA area and then something HUGE slips through your fingers. Last year the Aero Theatre had a screening of "Buckaroo" and a Q&A with Peter Weller. Unfortunately I missed that as well. Yes, the recent screening of "Robocop" with Weller present was amazing. But I just think a better double feature would have been to have it with "Banzai" and not the forgettable "Screamers". So I sit thinking gee, wouldn't it be nice if at some point there was some type of really cool "BB" event viewing. WELL, HERE IT...WAS!

Immediately I went on to the LA Film Festival to check for other movies I might actually want to attend during it's run.....oh, and it ended yesterday. So much for that.

The good news is you can here John Lithgow's entire Q&A from the screening here. So on the flip side of all my grumbling about missing this 'not-to-be-missed' event, I'm very happy to at least be able to hear his remarks before and after the film. Just give it a minute for the guy to finish rattling off a few advertisements before the main event begins. BTW, "Buckaroo Banzai" was shown as a double feature with "Twilight Zone: The Movie" so there are some comments Lithgow gives about that as well. Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home