Thursday, June 17, 2010

"Skynet Symphonic"

OMG, words cannot express how incredibly well done this music video is, edited together using ONLY the sound FX, dialogue snippets, and samples of Brad Fidel's music track from "Terminator 2: Judgment Day"!!! NO OTHER musical instrument has been added!

Being an editor, a huge fan of James Cameron's "Terminator" films, and a lover of trance / electronica / house music, I am truly in awe of this mix!! The picture cut and track are masterfully edited, both in sound and picture. Plus, there are even moments that are wonderfully funny!! I've already watched this about ten times!!!!

Created by an artist named Pogo, I saw this first on Facebook and then on YouTube thanks to Allen. It's now become my buzz track for the week, as I've converted it to an MP3 to listen to on my iPod in the car. Plus I can watch the complete video as well as I immediately downloaded it.

I am dying to know how long it took this guy to put the entire thing together! You REALLY have to know this movie in order to be able to pull such precise elements AND turn them into a complete piece of music with corresponding video clips. After you check out the video, take a look at Pogo's official website. He also has a YouTube channel with more of his amazing work! AND he looks like he's about 19!!

2 Comments:

At June 18, 2010 at 2:51 AM, Anonymous Allen Pinney said...

LOL, I had a lot of the same reactions when I first watched the 'Toy Story' vids!
Knew you'd enjoy it!

 
At June 18, 2010 at 9:46 PM, Blogger LA Filmcutter said...

The "Toy Story" one is really good as well. I definitely appreciated the "Up" mix a lot!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home