Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Scary health moment

Saturday at I experienced something truly unnerving. What it turned out to be was my very first case of vertigo. But during those first few moments, I panicked. I thought I might be having a stroke or even a brain aneurysm. Soon it became obvious that I needed to go to the emergency room, and things were not very pretty during that trip. I became very nauseous because everything just wouldn't stop spinning. The only thing I could do was close my eyes to stop feeling ill.

Once in the emergency room at St. Vincent's Hospital in Burbank, I learned that what I was having was indeed vertigo. A CAT scan confirmed that I didn't have a tumor or a brain aneurysm or even a stroke. That helped to relax me quite a bit, since I'd been hyperventilating slightly over what might be going wrong. The doctor said this would probably pass in about two to three days and gave me a prescription to help with the nausea and dizziness.

Yesterday morning I realized that there was just no way I'd be able to make it to work. Plus, I had to reschedule a 10am interview with a post boutique (micro post house) to Wednesday morning just to give me more time to get better. More details about this in my next posting.

I'm here at Happy Hour today, feeling a little better but still not completely up to full speed. Some would argue that I should've probably taken one more day off. But at this point in the game, I need to keep working and making money. Hope the coming day or two will see me fully free of this disorientation finally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home