Thursday, June 10, 2010

Sam Hurwitz Productions interview

My interview at Sam Hurwitz Productions went very well yesterday. REALLY NICE facility!! They've been at this location (North Hollywood) for two years, previously in Culver City.

Essentially the meeting was just so they could actually meet me. Turns out I'm already considered 'in the door' because of my previous work relationship with Sam himself. In fact, it was mentioned quite a number of times how highly Sam thinks of me and my editing skills. I did run into Sam as I was about to meet with the production coordinator, and we caught up on what's been going on with each of us in the five years since we worked together last.

The website link will give you an overview of the types of projects they take on. Pretty diverse actually. I was told that they hoped to have more work coming in for me later in June but more likely in July and/or August. So nothing immediate, but I at least know there's something coming up in the not too distant future.

In the meantime, there was no word from Happy Hour Creative yesterday about notes coming back on any of the "Lottery Ticket" spots or the Disney Sing-It promo piece. I called Chris late in the day Wednesday but never received a call back. This usually means that nothing is happening. Hopefully I'll know something today. There is other work brewing as well that a Tuesday night meeting could be bringing in at HHC, so I'm kind of anxious to hear about that from Chris as well.

I have to shift gears now and put together the remainder of that list of general post houses to send a link to my website. Want to have that done by end of day today or tomorrow morning.

2 Comments:

At June 10, 2010 at 10:40 AM, Anonymous Allen Pinney said...

Wow, that is just awesome. It's good to have a network of friends and not burnt bridges!

So was it hard getting that giant swelled head of yours back into the Mini when you left? LOL - I'm kidding!!!

How many post houses have you contacted already?

 
At June 10, 2010 at 5:08 PM, Blogger LA Filmcutter said...

Yes, it's definitely about networking and your good work leading the way. Being a nice guy to work with doesn't hurt either!

I think if my head swelled too much it might made the vertigo come back and then I would have been in REAL trouble! LOL!

Right now I've only contacted about five or six, but when I finish sifting through all the post houses on LA411 I'm thinking I'm going to have at least 20 or 25. A lot of them I'm coming across are turn-key facilities and graphics, telecine, and color correction houses. Looking at the creative places solely because that's where there'll be a need.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home