Thursday, June 17, 2010

My pro website goes out to post houses: wow, that was easy!!

Throughout the day and evening on Tuesday, after finally compiling that list of additional contact info, I e-mailed my pro website link to 46 post houses! During the past 10 years of sending out physical reels and resumes through the regular mail, I couldn't have imagined an easier method of getting my work out there!

Aside from all the trailer and DVD houses I've contacted in the past that are included in the 46, I found 15 general post houses from a list of over 200 on LA411.com that I'd not been in touch with previously. Yes, you heard it...only 15! I expected to find many more, but so many places under that heading are either turn-key facilities, VFX, graphics, or audio houses. There's still another list of about 50 commercial houses I'll be sifting through later today.

Now, here comes the good news.

Right away yesterday morning I started receiving return e-mails....another benefit of e-mailing my link; an easier way for people to respond more immediately. Four came back that they liked what they saw, but were just not hiring at the moment and to stay in touch.

A fifth, Secret Headquarters, started asking questions. What was my rate, how much copy writing had I done on some of the projects I'd worked on, could I take a project and run with it even without a script. I responded that that's how my "The Book of Eli" spot was cut. Happy Hour gave me the ball, I created the concept and execution pretty much from scratch. They liked what they heard and asked if I could come in for an interview today! 10am this morning!

YES!! Less than 24 hours after my mass e-mailing I've scored an interview. Wish me luck!

3 Comments:

At June 17, 2010 at 8:58 AM, Anonymous Allen Pinney said...

"Shake and bake!"
"What does that do? Does that blow your mind? That just happened!"

Boom, just like that you get an interview. Score one for the magic computer machine and the interweb! LOL

GOOD LUCK!

 
At June 18, 2010 at 9:45 PM, Blogger LA Filmcutter said...

What is that from..."Shake and bake"? Yes, God bless the interweb!! LOL!

 
At June 19, 2010 at 2:32 AM, Anonymous Allen Pinney said...

Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby

 

Post a Comment

<< Home