Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I am now a Telly Award winner!

I just learned that I've won (through Happy Hour Creative) a Telly Award for my "The Book of Eli" broadcast trailer "Our Future"!! Granted, this is not in the same stratosphere as the Golden Trailer Awards or even the Key Art Awards when it comes to film and television advertising and promotion, but it's still an acknowledgment from the industry!

The funny thing is the actual awards won't be handed out until the end of June, yet Happy Hour received the notification quite a bit in advance. Crazy.

You actually have to order your award through the official website (they cost $150) and I've already informed Chris here at Happy Hour that I definitely want my own. Customarily, one is sent to the post house that worked on the project, but additional statues can be requested. Here!....take my money and give me my statue! Considering the fact that I had some high hopes on winning the Golden Trailer Award for this spot, I'm still very appreciative that I'm getting this. And yes, it WILL have my name on it! Not sure exactly when I'll have the actual statue in hand, assuming sometime this month. As soon as I do, expect photos! And of course I now have to find just the right place of honor at home to display it.

Unfortunately, Warner Bros. has changed the official site to promote the forthcoming DVD release, so my "Our Future" spot is no longer the first thing that plays when you arrive. Instead, you can see it again here!

1 Comments:

At June 2, 2010 at 6:31 PM, Anonymous Allen Pinney said...

And this is only the beginning! You are now an award winning editor. It goes on your resume, website, blog, LinkedIn profile, business cards, reel - what ever! it's a validation of all your hard work, sacrifice and single-minded determination to make it in Hollywood. Revel in it!

I for one am proud of you and thrilled for you. I can't wait to see that little winged dude in person!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home