Wednesday, June 9, 2010

"The Goonies" live on...25 years later

I continue to be amazed by the cult following of "The Goonies"! I definitely enjoyed the movie when it was released, although never quite resonating as one of my favorites. I do still have the original soundtrack on cassette, which has a number of really cool songs.

Released in 1985, the movie continues to be a huge fan favorite. To this day you'll still see young people, who weren't even born when the movie came out, wearing Chunk T-shirts! In fact I just saw one yesterday!

Click on the photo for a story (with video) about the recent reunion in Astoria, Oregon, where the movie takes place and was shot, assembling the entire cast, Director Richard Donnor, and even Producer Steven Speilberg. Oh and BTW, I'd forgotten that the character of 'Brand' was played by a young Josh Brolin! Here's another article in The Washington Post about the anniversary gathering.

2 Comments:

At June 9, 2010 at 10:32 AM, Anonymous Allen Pinney said...

Oh man. Can you imagine a Goonies sequel? As awesome as the '80s!

 
At June 10, 2010 at 5:02 PM, Blogger LA Filmcutter said...

I wanna say this reunion of the cast and fans for the 25th may actually kick it into play.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home