Tuesday, June 8, 2010

8th week starts at Happy Hour and an interview

As mentioned, today starts a new week at Happy Hour...my eighth! Once again, SO glad to be continuing on here, now waiting on new notes for all of the "Lottery Ticket" spots that went out to be tested over this past weekend. Also waiting for changes on the Disney Sing-It promotional spot. I'm expecting this to take me through the end of this week but there's no guarantee at this point.

In the meantime, I received an e-mail last Thursday from Sam Hurwitz Productions in North Hollywood responding to the reel and resume I sent some weeks ago. They have projects coming up that they're looking for help with and want me to come in for an interview. Originally I'd made an appointment for Monday at 10am, but because of my vertigo yesterday I had to reschedule to Wednesday just to make sure I was feeling better.

I've worked with Sam Hurwitz previously at Precision Post in 2005. This was before he started his own post boutique, located first in Culver City, now in North Hollywood. He was the producer who oversaw my work on the DVD for Tim Burton's "Corpse Bride", and the promotional featurettes for "Charlie & The Chocolate Factory" and "The Island".

I won't know until the interview tomorrow when they'll be needing me, and in the meantime I hope for more work here at Happy Hour Creative. The main thing is to keep the paychecks flowing. Taking care of primary responsibilities, getting some things paid off, and of course, Comic-Con. We are now 42 days out and counting. That's a month and a half from today, kids!

I'm also finally wrapping up a complete list of the new set of post houses (commercial, web, documentary, general entertainment) I'll be sending a link to my website. Work at Happy Hour had slowed my putting this full compilation together. But realizing that we are still in the zone of the year's major work influx, I need to contact them and make my introduction this week. The summer is starting to feel more upbeat on the project front, and I have sustained faith that it will continue.

2 Comments:

At June 8, 2010 at 2:41 PM, Anonymous Allen Pinney said...

Work is awesome but you really ought to be resting and recovering!!!

 
At June 10, 2010 at 4:48 PM, Blogger LA Filmcutter said...

I am trying to rest and recovery. Still not 100%. I have been able to drive since Wednesday but still feel kind of out-of-body. Hoping this thing clears soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home