Wednesday, May 5, 2010

My MINI: 3rd Anniversary

Three years ago today I picked up my MINI from the dealership! Wow, has it really been three years?! I was hoping to give her an extra special wash and detail for this anniversary, but unfortunately work has been a bit all emcompassing....not that I'm complaining!! Definitely hoping to find some time next week to take my baby out and give her the proper attention, as well as that all important birthday photo! For now, here's one from the day I picked her up.

Performance, as always, has been top notch. The only thing I need to do at the moment is buy two new front tires. Late last year the alignment was put off, wearing down the left one. So after I replaced that one tire (money was not there at all at the time to buy the usual two) the right side started to wear more because of the slight unevenness. Also looking to take care of this next week.

Still more accessories to buy, hopefully in the near future! Driving lights and a second twin grill badge holder for the front plate. Also want to have stripes added to the boot as well. I always love passing or driving alongside someone else with an accessorized MINI. It's funny how most women with MINIs seem to have the mentality that it's just a car. It's cute, and maybe they might buy one with stripes on the bonnet. Another MINI on the road next to them?...so what, who cares. The true recognition of another MINI that's been accessorized comes mainly from guys. Serious or casual enthusiasts who 'get it'. We'll see each other on the road, smile, nod, or even wave. It's kinda cool. I still really want to go to a MINI meet sometime soon! There's an organization of MINI lovers in California called SoCalMini, and I really need to stay on top of event scheduling to see when one might be happening locally or within reasonable driving distance.

3 Comments:

At May 5, 2010 at 10:27 AM, Anonymous Allen Pinney said...

You make a lovely couple!

 
At May 6, 2010 at 7:41 AM, Blogger LA Filmcutter said...

Gee, thanks (garsh). LOL!

 
At May 13, 2010 at 12:21 PM, Anonymous Rebecca said...

Stop looking at other girls in Minis!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home