Friday, April 16, 2010

Thanks for the advanced heads-up, Arclight!

I've been waiting since the beginning of this month to find out when tickets would be going on sale for "Iron Man 2" in the Dome at the Arclight. This being such a highly anticipated release, it seemed natural that they would release tickets one month out. Nope, nothing. If that's not the case then it's usually two weeks out. So it came as a major shock today to learn that early this morning, on the odd three weeks from the movies premiere, the Arclight put tickets up for regular showings including the midnight show.

SHIT!!

Needless to say when I found this out at 11:30 this morning, seven hours later, I was not happy at all! At that point the midnight show seating was so far gone we would have only gotten far side or far back seats. So it was time for a quick backup plan: the Friday night 8:30 show. First evening screening in the Dome on opening night. And like Indiana Jones grabbing his whip as the stone wall was about to slam shut on his arm, I was able to grab two tickets in one of the coveted rows I prefer. Whew!

Tickets happily in hand, I can now go on with my life knowing I'll be able to see Tony Stark's next adventure on opening night, with all the excitement of a full-on fanboy crowd. And that's really what it's all about when movies like this open. Half of the experience is the ebb and flow of the crowd enjoying what's happening on the big screen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home