Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Happy Hour update

By the time last Friday rolled around I'd completed one broadcast spot for the theatrical release of "Lottery Ticket", two for the theatrical release of "Splice", and three for "The Book of Eli" DVD release. At that point we were still waiting word back from Warner Bros. with notes and changes.

Being that there was nothing for me to do, Chris said I was pretty much done until sometime this week probably. He said to give him a call on Monday to check in, and when I did he informed me that they'd more than likely need me back at Happy Hour on Wednesday. However, a call today will confirm the certainty of that. Also, he talked about me working on the CBS upfronts that would be starting in May. But when CBS marketing exec Ron Scalera died suddenly last week, that became in jeopardy. He'd been working on a deal with Happy Hour to do the upfronts, which from what I understand is in the hands of his successor now to make a decision on. There's also the ABC upfronts on the plate which Chris also wants me to tackle. He hasn't been able to give me a start time yet and has to look at the schedule.

In the meantime, I'm continuing to compile that list of post house contacts to send a link of my pro website to. As well as getting some things done around my apartment and thinking financially about how Comic-Con is now three months away. I'm sure everything will work out with faith and concentration on what I need to do to keep bringing the paychecks in.

2 Comments:

At April 27, 2010 at 5:05 PM, Anonymous allen pinney said...

As always we are beaming the good thoughts your way.
Question: What are the up fronts that you edit? Basically teasers or trailers for the shows they want advertisers to buy time on?

 
At April 28, 2010 at 12:46 AM, Blogger LA Filmcutter said...

Yes, that's exactly it. Usually they are around 5 minutes in length and cover a range of series from new shows, existing shows, and older shows going into syndication.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home