Friday, April 16, 2010

Composer Ramin Djawadi replaced for "Iron Man 2"

I was surprised today to learn that music composer Ramin Djawadi was not doing the music for "Iron Man 2", as he had done for the first film (I am NOT going to say '1'!). I really LOVED his score and downloaded it the day after seeing the movie.

So whose his replacement for the second outing? John Debney. John Debney? The same guy who does all of those 'not the original recording' soundtracks?! O.K. so he and Jon Favreau did work on "Zathura" together, and there's an obvious previous connection. Yes, Debney has also composed music for major motion pictures. I'll certainly keep an open mind opening night, and I've heard that he's keeping the same guitar heavy rock feel from Djawadi's original. We'll see...or rather, hear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home