Tuesday, April 13, 2010

AT LAST!!! Back to work with Happy Hour Creative!!

Received a call from Chris at Happy Hour yesterday morning! Asked if I could come in as soon as possible to work on a couple of major studio release trailers and broadcast spots. The battery on my phone had died the night before and I didn't have the charger with me. Chris' call came in a little after 10am and I didn't hear it until two hours later. No worries though! He wanted to see if I could start no later than Wednesday, with the option of working on another project before that if I could come in within a few hours. So I quickly got myself in gear to head to Culver City.

I'll be working there for at least two weeks on two projects in all. The first is an urban comedy / "Barber Shop" type movie called "Lottery Ticket" starring Bow Wow and Ice Cube. The second, this year's Sundance Film Festival breakout horror / sci-fi film "Splice" starring Adrian Brody. Both of these are Warner Bros. releases. Chris' also mentioned the possibility of my working on spots for the DVD release of "The Book of Eli", since I definitely know that territory. I've been asked if I was interested in another project beyond these, but I don't want to mention it right now in fear of jinxing my involvement. As soon as I know more and can talk about it, I will.

It was SOOO good to be driving down the 405, iPod blarin', drinking in the actual sensation of heading to work! I'm gonna savor every moment of this.

2 Comments:

At April 13, 2010 at 5:13 AM, Anonymous allen pinney said...

Tell Chris I'm a big fan! Congratulations!

 
At April 13, 2010 at 8:03 AM, Blogger LA Filmcutter said...

YAY! Thanks! Glad to be back, now here's hoping it lasts as long as it can!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home